2017 has been a very busy year for us.
We had 5 JVI tournaments, Melbourne International Judo Open, and the Australian National Championships in Gold Coast.
We had a record participation in these tournaments, winning many medals, including 2 Gold, 1 Silver, and 3 Bronze medals at the Nationals!
Our last session for the year is Thursday, 21 December, and we’ll be back on 6 February 2018 at 6pm.
We will re-introduce Thursday for the younger group at 6pm, and I encourage all the younger players to attend twice a week, as this has been proven to increase retention of the techniques learnt, and will greatly improve players’ abilities and skills when competing.
Some more information for next year:
- Nationals will be again at Carrara Stadium at the Gold Coast over the long weekend – 7-11 June 2018. The program has changed to accommodate the large number of competitors, starting the competition on Friday with the Junior and Senior boys and girls
- Squad training begin on Saturday, 3 February 2018, 1pm-2:30pm for the Juniors, and 2:30pm-4:30pm for Cadets and older
- JVI tournaments have been scheduled for 4 March, 6 May, 22 July, 26 August, with another to be scheduled for end of October
- State titles are scheduled on 2 December 2018
- MIJO will be earlier in 2018, on 16-18 March 2018, followed by a 2 day training camp in Broadmeadows
Fees and more details will be released when we’re back in February.
In the meantime, enjoy your break, be safe, and see you on the mat in 2018!